Takes on a comprehensive scheme of modernisationMORE
20 Balderton Street was acquired through a join venture with Grosvenor in 2000. A major scheme of works was carried out by the partnership over a period of one year commencing March 2001. The building which occupies half an island site at the junction of Oxford Street and Balderton Street dates back to the 1930’s. It was acquired in a poor and unmodernised condition and was subject to a comprehensive scheme of modernisation.
Stow and Grosvenor redevelop landmark siteMORE
29-37 Davies Street
Stow acquired the existing multi-let office/retail multi-let investment in 2003.
In 2007 Stow and Grosvenor entered into a partnership to unlock the opportunity to redevelop this prime Mayfair site located at the junction of Davies Street and Grosvenor Street, close to Claridges Hotel. Architects HOK were appointed to design a contemporary landmark building to provide the highest quality of office and retail space with contemporary architecture, scale and presence that would make a positive contribution to streetscape of this historic part of London.
Planning consent for the new 38,000 sq ft, £50m office and retail scheme was granted by Westminster City Council in June 2010. The new and distinguished 6 storey building makes use of traditional brick and stone façade materials and will comprise offices on first to fifth floors over 2 retail units on ground floor and basement.
The scheme, which will provide Grade A space with strong environmental credentials, will target office occupiers from the financial and business services sector and high-end brand retailers.
Stow and Grosvenor will jointly manage the development which is expected to start mid-2011, completing mid-2013.
Prime Central London residential developmentMORE
84c Eaton Square
Stow has acquired for development this 2,460 sq ft 3 bedroom duplex apartment occupying the 3rd and 4th floors of a building located in what is considered the premiere terrace in London’s most prestigious residential square.
Works to the maisonette commenced last year to create a product to be positioned at the upper end of the prime Central London residential market. The comprehensive refurbishment and upgrade being carried out, which includes the formation of a roof garden, will create one of the very finest traditional style apartments in London.
The project, which is scheduled for completion Spring 2013, is being undertaken in partnership with Halestyle Ltd, developers of exclusive central London apartments.
25,500 sq ft of high quality office space in MidtownMORE
Stow acquired Furnival House, originally constructed in the 1930’s, from Prudential in December 1999 and completed its refurbishment in the summer of 2002. The refurbishment and extension of 14-18 High Holborn was designed to create a high quality office accopmmodation above three existing retail outlets and benefit from the excellent transport links to both the City and the West End. The property was disposed in July 2002.
Office redevelopment situated near the SouthbankMORE
Stow acquired this early 20th century building in March 2000. The imposing Edwardian former warehouse was completely reconstructed internally and externally to provide 12,534 sq ft of air conditioned offices in November 2001 and subsequently sold to ING in 2006.
35,000 sq ft redevelopment in HammersmithMORE
35,000 sq ft (3,250 sq m) comprehensive JV redevelopment sold to the Wellcome Trust Pension Fund.
Landmark office redevelopmentMORE
The development and investment management of 250,000 sq ft (23, 225 sq m) Landmark office redevelopment pre-let to the Secretary of State for the Environment. Sold to London and Regional Properties.
Period style in Mayfair ‘village’MORE
5 Aldford Street
A Grade II listed building in Aldford Street, which runs west from Mayfair’s Grosvenor Chapel. The property dates from the 1890’s and is mid-terraced and arranged over basement, ground and four upper storeys. The property was constructed as a family house and converted to office use.
The property sold in May 2013 with planning permission obtained to transform Five Aldford Street into 9,211 sq ft of a truly magnificent period home with all the amenities for today’s living.
Period office building located near to Oxford StreetMORE
24/25 Grosvenor Street
Acquired in 2007, 24/25 Grosvenor Street is a multi-occupied air conditioned office building located in one of Mayfair’s premier commercial streets. Grosvenor Street is one of the key throughfares linking Park Lane with New Bond Street. The building was reconstructed behind a retained period facade in the early 1980’s and benefits from a recent major refurbishment.
Multi-let mixed use investment with prime retail frontageMORE
34 Brook Street
The property occupies a prominent corner location at the junction of Brook Street and South Moulton Street. It totals 16,124 sq ft and comprises 4 floors of offices over 5 ground floor shops and a basement A3 unit. The fine red brick building was constructed in the late 1800’s and was subject to a comprehensive scheme of modernisation in the 1980’s.
Prestigious building located in the heart of Mayfair next door to Claridges Hotel.MORE
Claridge House is a period building constructed in the 1920s of a traditional red brick masonry structure.
Stow purchased this mixed office, retail and residential investment in September 2008. The property occupies one of the best locations in Mayfair next to Claridges Hotel and is a fully let standing investment. Stow’s objective is to exploit opportunities to add value and enhance the quality of the investment through active asset and property management.
The opportunities to provide further residential accommodation, either for sale or to let, will be explored including the addition of a penthouse floor. The strategy for the retail and office accommodation will aim to enhance investment returns by increasing rental income through active management and a programme of improvement works.
Stow develops site at Heathrow for BMED HQMORE
Stow acquired the land next to Pod 1 & 2 (Swissport) with the benefit of planning consent in 2004 and developed a third Pod (Hetherington House), the HQ for British Mediterranean Airways. Hetherington House, now let to British Airways, is located on Bedfont Road, directly opposite the Beacon Road roundabout (Gate 24 Heathrow Airport). The premises are in close proximity to the Cargo terminal, Terminal 4 and Terminal 5.
Stow acquires a campus site of 3 buildings at HeathrowMORE
Pod 1 & 2
Stow acquired the standing investment of Cirrus and Nimbus House, together with full control of this 3 office building campus site (including Hetherington House), under a sale and leaseback to Swissport.
Development of a high quality airport hotelMORE
In pursuit of a strategy to expand the facilities at Farnborough Airport, Stow has separately invested, along with TAG and other partners, in the development of a high quality airport hotel. The development is on the 3 hectare former officers’ mess site, located on the eastern perimeter of the airfield fronting Farnborough Road.
Construction began in November 2006 and completed in June 2008, in time for the 2008 Farnborough International Airshow. A consultant team, lead by Hamilton Architects have produced a striking modern design which joins a family of existing modern buildings with strong architectural features at the airport. The main contractor was ISG Interior Exterior plc and INK PM Limited managed the project.
A modern and efficient business aviation facilityMORE
TAG has transformed Farnborough Airport into the most modern and efficient business aviation facility of its kind, benefitting from technical enhancements and complemented by state-of-the-art passenger and crew facilities. A government airfield through two World Wars and 40 years of the Cold War, Farnborough Airport is now one of the most modern business aviation airports in Europe.